Discovery of medicines to improve the lives of the many patients living with immunological diseases.
Our immune defense is essential for protecting us against dangerous pathogens. 而是数以百万计的人, the same defenses switch allegiance and mistakenly attack healthy tissue and organs, 引起衰弱的，有时是致命的疾病. Autoimmune and inflammatory diseases are treated often with broadly immune-suppressing steroids that are only partially effective, 会有麻烦的副作用吗, 并增加感染的风险.
The Immunology disease area group is developing transformative therapies, 包括小分子和生物疗法, that target the root cause of these diseases by modulating the immune system to restore health.
由Christian Bruns领导, a group of more than 200 scientists collaborates with clinical researchers and uses cutting-edge analytical and computational tools and technologies to probe molecular disease pathways in tissue samples from affected patients. This approach allows us to stratify individuals based on treatment response and identify dysregulated immune pathways and novel molecular targets in disease pathology.
Our researchers have pioneered groundbreaking treatments for multiple sclerosis, 器官移植, arthritis and inflammatory skin diseases as well as rare genetic diseases. The group's research focuses on these priority areas:
- 适应性免疫: Our goal is to develop novel therapies to improve the life of patients affected by B cell- and T cell-mediated diseases like Sjögren's syndrome and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, as well as other systemic inflammatory and autoimmune disorders. Our focus lies on the rapid progression of innovative biotherapeutics and personalized cell therapies. 除此之外, we explore next-generation transformative approaches to modulate B cell and T cell behavior.
- Immuno-dermatology: Our mission is to increase the molecular understanding of autoimmune and inflammatory skin diseases to enable the discovery of innovative therapies. bwin国际官方网站的研究重点是特应性皮炎, 位患化脓性汗腺炎, 炎症性痤疮, 牛皮癣和白癜风.
- 免疫调节: We are focusing on immune sensing pathways in innate and adaptive immunity that mediate chronic inflammatory autoimmune diseases, 例如风湿病自身炎症.
- Immuno-nephrology: Our mission is to discover innovative treatments for patients with acute and chronic kidney disease, 终末期肾脏疾病和移植.
- Inflammasome: Our goal is to establish a leading portfolio of inflammasome inhibitors. The inflammasome is a key signaling node of the innate immune system. Our research addresses different aspects of inflammasome activation aiming at effective and differentiated new therapies.
- 综合转化研究: We interconnect pharmacology and clinical sciences through characterization of patient samples. Our multidisciplinary approach addresses the molecular basis of inflammatory diseases, 从而使免疫学领域的精准医学成为可能.
"Our ultimate goal is to develop transformative therapies resulting in cure," Bruns says. “这是一个非常高的目标, but we have access to state-of-the-art technologies, and a high level of expertise and experience both within our group and among our external collaborators that's allowing us to come up with novel innovative and transformative options for patients."